[Instiz] Crayon Pop is no longer based


Instiz: Crayon Pop's tweet is stirring a controversy right now

Crayon Pop: "You guys know that all of you were nomu nomu (intentional misspelling of very very) cool, right? We were really jealous of your fashion ㅋㅋㅋ Our fans are so cute ♥ Thank you and thank you again ^^ - From Wengchong"

The "nomu nomu" is another Ilbe term that they created in negative connotation to the late president No Mu Hyun. The OP put up several screencaps of "nomu nomu" being used by Ilbe users on Twitter.

Crayon Pop's connection to Ilbe is even further cemented by their CEO's old tweet where he and a member mentions browsing Ilbe:



"A disturbing truth I found out yesterday. While talking to a member.. I started laughing at something she said because I could relate to it... but the atmosphere suddenly turned co~ld.. Apparently, that story was only ever up on Ilbe... so I just quietly asked, 'Isn't Ilbe funny?' and she replied 'The.. the comments are so funny there ㅠㅠㅠ"

-

"Uhh.. Crayon Pop is screwed."

"Goodbye."

"Okay, up to Crayon Pop's tweet, I thought maybe there could be a misunderstanding because 'nomu nomu' could've been used just to sound cute... but that CEO basically just proved that he and another member browse Ilbe so that's game over right there."

"Aigoo... Crayon Pop... I feel bad for you guys."

"I would've let it go as them trying to sound cute until the CEO basically outed a member as being an Ilbe user on Twitter."

"They need to clarify this."

"That's not the only tweet the CEO mentions Ilbe in. In another tweet [screencap provided], he says, 'I'd like to thank everyone at DC Gallery and Ilbe for supporting Crayon Pop today...'"

"Oh man, they're screwed ㅠㅠㅠㅠ"

"Their CEO screwed them over... They could've had a chance, too.."

"Farewell..."

"No way, I've been enjoying Crayon Pop lately too ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ"

"Yeah, I've lost any and all interest I ever had in Crayon Pop."

"This wouldn't be as controversial if not for the CEO's tweet... How could they think of talking bad about our dead president like that?"

"Maybe it's noise marketing?"

"So the CEO is an Ilbe user too? Gooooosebumps...."

-